[SWFObject] express install

Reed, Scott Scott.Reed at benjerry.com
Thu Apr 27 10:16:43 PDT 2006

I've had a number of people tell me that a swf I have on my site is
Flash 7 is installed and I am requiring Flash 8, the swf begins playing
rather than showing the upgrade message. If I enable express install, I
actually just get a blank area where the swf should be. I cannot explain
what might be occuring. I'm wondering if it's possible that our company
is somehow blocking express install and that is partially responsible
for the second behavior, but I do not understand why the detection is
failing. When I go to this page
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/flashversion.html it does say I have
7.0.61 installed as expected, but it is not prompting me to upgrade on
my site where I am specifying 8.0.0 as the required version.

Scott Reed
Sr. Web Developer
Ben & Jerry's Homemade, Inc.
802-846-1547 x7859