[SWFObject] IE - Multiple SWF with LocalConnection conflict?

Naomi Spirit N.Spirit at LTScotland.org.uk
Wed Aug 2 02:44:01 PDT 2006

I believe I may be experienceing conflict with the LocalConnection Class
and the SWFObject (formerly known as FlashObject) when using Internet
Explorer.

I have a page with three flash movies - one a graphic, and two
interactive that talk to each other using LocalConnection.  I've
implemented the SWFObject, and the page initially loads ok - but when I
refresh the page OR go to another page with multimple swf's using the
LocalConnection Class then IE crashes - it gives error messages such as
"Out of memory at line; 130" and "Stack overflow at line: 137"

I see mention of this in another thread entitled "[SWFObject] FO
Integration Kit problems" - but there doesn't seem to be a solution in
there - I admitt some if it is a bit over my head though.  I wonder if
people have come across this?  And if so can anyone pointme in the
direction of the solution if there is one?

I don't want to have to revert to the terrible "click to activate this
control" nonsense!!

Any help much apreciated!!!

Naomi