[SWFObject] Norton - XP - I hate that little yellow bar....

Chad M. Ostroff costroff at mac.com
Wed Aug 2 10:45:29 PDT 2006

So I know that this has probably been a hot topic at one point or another but I need to ask.

Currently I am using SWF elements in a web site for the sake of the small file size, not the animation. My swf files have no animation and contain ony PNG graphics, the file size for these are much smaller than cutting the graphics and loading them into a table.

So how in the hell do you get rid of that nasty little yellow bar that comes down and asks about active content. I am currently using the swf object method with the .JS files in my inc folder.

Is it possible that I am just an idiot and have the 'always ask' feature turned on in IE? I guess thats a possibility....

Hmm.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Chad M. Ostroff