[SWFObject] What does GOOGLEBOT read and index?

Pablo Garayzábal pablo at dinamik.es
Thu Aug 3 11:06:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am not sure about what happens with content in the div layers that is
replaced by the swf file when using SWFObject.

For example:

            I want this text and/or links to be indexed by googlebot

< /div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject("myFile.swf", "swfId", "100", "100", "8", "#FFFFFF");

fo.write("flashHere");

</script>

What does google read? The pre-content of the div layer (I want this text to
be indexed...) or the swf file?.

I think (and hope) that it must read the text or html content written inside
the layer, but I’m not sure.

Any ideas?

Pablo.