[SWFObject] swfObject source code

Terry Cali swfobject-deconceptcom at dedicatedmanagers.com
Wed Aug 30 14:50:49 PDT 2006

Is the swfObject code available in a more readible format? (i.e. with variables that have useful names instead of numbers like _31.  Or maybe even something with comments?!)  This code is really complex and I'd like to understand how it works :)

Also, I am trying to do some pretty advanced stuff with swfObject.  For instance I would like to make a layer appear with a flash movie playing after another flash player gets to a certain point.  I would be using ExternalInterface to commuicate from the first flash movie to the page javascript.  The second flash movie is implemented in the page code just as the 1st is implemented, but the 2nd has the style.display property set to "none".  The java script that gets called by the first movie, then sets the style.display property of the second Flash movie from "none" to "block" so that it becomes visible.  After that, I try to comminicate from the javascript to the 2nd flash movie, but this is where it falls apart, unless I use a settimeout to delay the communication.  So there is some kind of race condition going on.  If anyone is interested in this super duper extended functionality, and wants to help me try and figure out what is going, please let me know and I'll send some code snippets. :)

Thanks,
Terry