[SWFObject] [OT?] drag/drop <div id="flashcontent"></div>

DL dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 2 08:19:56 PDT 2006

On 2 Aug 2006 at 10:53, Geoff Stearns wrote:

> yeah the main thing to be aware of, is that if you change the
> position: css of any parent to a Flash element, firefox (i think) will
> redraw all the children of that element... which is a really crappy
> 'bug' (not sure if it's an official bug or not, but IE and Safari i
> think don't do it)
>
> so when it reflows that stuff, it will reset your Flash movie (which
> is probably why the swfobject dissapears and comes back - it's
> reloading the whole thing - you could test this by looking at the sun
> animation - it starts at the bottom and then slowly rises up, so you
> can see if it's resetting entirely or just blinking out for a second.

I had not noticed that ..

I tried dragging so_tester.swf .. as in example posted .. in both IE6 and FF1.5

In both cases the movie does not reset to to "sunrise state" after being dragged.
So no sign of this bug so far.

Perhaps because the relative position of the nested <div id="flashcontent">  is not
being changed and it is the wrapper <div id="dragflash"> which is being dragged?

I don't know .. but I'll watch for this effect.  Thanks.

DL