[SWFObject] SWFObject VS Google Quality Guidelines

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed Aug 16 21:12:36 PDT 2006

Google actually recommends that you build an HTML version of the site
for it to crawl, instead of your Flash content. So I see SWFObject as
just streamlining that method.

Jesse Warden has an old blog post about it if you want to dig it up
(try searching for "jesterxl google flash" or something similar)

However, if you were in fact putting a bunch of keywords and repeated
search phrases in your replaced 'alternate' content, and some human
from google looked at it, i can imagine they wouldn't be too happy
about it.

SWFObject is just a tool - you get to use it however you want.