[SWFObject] [BUG?] Strange Caching issues

Mike Mountain mike.mountain at ecmsys.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 07:19:09 PDT 2006

Adobe have known about the Movieclip loader bug for a while I think,
found this comment in the livedocs:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhel
p.htm?href=Part4_ASLR2.html

No screen name said on Feb 11, 2006 at 3:49 PM :
beware of the MovieClipLoader's event handlers not firing in certain
browsers when what you're trying to load is already in the cache. I'm
running across a problem in IE where if an image i'm loading via a MCL
is already in the cache, onLoadInit doesn't fire in my swf. but in
firefox, the event handlers run perfectly.

Adobe have read these comments and responded to one of them - I suppose
submitting it seperately as a bug wouldn't hurt.

I did have an example up and running but I had to fix it for my client
;) I used an AS2 version of the qlod class nopw works perfectly.

But this is a different bug from the one SWFObject is causing.