[SWFObject] expressinstalll.as

Aran Rhee aran.rhee at qdc.net.au
Tue Aug 29 20:34:10 PDT 2006

Hollie.

1) The .as file used used during the COMPILATION of your content .swf file
(not during runtime). If it is not found, the flash IDE will throw an error,
and you will have no express install capability. If you want to use express
install, make sure flash CAN find the expressinstall.as file.

2) The user has to have flash 6.0.65 or higher to initiate and express
install.

If you needed users to have v8 to view your content AND you wanted to use
express install to update their player, the code would be like below (notice
the TRUE flag as the 7th param - that says to use express install to update
the users player):

var so = new SWFObject("some.swf", "swf", "550", "400", "8", "#ffffff",
true);

Regards,
Aran

  _____