[SWFObject] Can't get swfobject to work in IE7

rodeopro at gmail.com rodeopro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:45:49 PST 2006

I've used swfobject before, it's worked successfully in IE7 without any
issues. However, it's not working in IE7. I've tested two different sites,
both using swfobject, each site works in IE6, but the movies won't display
in IE7.

The code validates, there are no JavaScript errors. I'm wondering if I need
to make some changes to security settings for IE7? I had read that Active X
was disabled in IE7. Is there something I should be changing?

I've also checked Geoff's example pages under IE7, that don't display the
Flash movies, but they do display in IE6.

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I have Flash 8 (the full product)
installed for the Flash class I'm taking this semester, and haven't had any
issues displaying my Flash SWF files in IE7.