[SWFObject] SWFObject flashVars to pull in an image to be used as a background

Chris V. Gnarra cgnarra at corelogic.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 09:23:53 PST 2006

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone knew how to parse an image to be used as a background in an SWF, for arguments sake a JPG into a flash file using the SWFObject flashVars option and actually have it sitting behind the main flash stage area?

I am pretty new to flash but more so actionscript and would love to know how to do this as I know images can be pulled into the flash via the SWFObject but I do not know how to pull an image in to be used as a background and actually have it sit behind the main flash stage. If anyone can help here I would be immensely grateful and appreciated.

Many thanks.

Chris.