[SWFObject] Occasional Flash elements not showing in browser

Stephen Eighmey StephenE at formetco.com
Thu Dec 21 06:50:05 PST 2006

I didn't think of describing this problem in these forums until recently
when I realized that this method of writing Flash could be the issue.

I use the swfobject to write just about all of my Flash files to a
browser. Let's say I have a Flash movie that has a picture of a car that
was imported into Flash as a .png, some text that was written in Flash
and a few other images imported into my movie that might be .jpgs, pngs,
whatever...then I convert all of these to movie clips, or graphics, or
dynamic text fields; just about anything. Every now and then when I
first pull up my movie in a browser (almost any browser, on a mac or pc)
one or two of my Flash elements are missing. If I have a car and a tree
in my movie, sometimes the car is missing. Most of the time everything
is there, but sometimes the tree is missing. It's like I never put it in
the movie. The element always comes back in when I refresh the browser
though.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks.

Stephen Eighmey
Webmaster

Formetco
2963 Pleasant Hill Road