[SWFObject] Using PHP with SWFObj

Steve Kamerman kamermans at teratechnologies.net
Fri Dec 8 08:59:22 PST 2006

Maybe you've got another div or element with the id "flashcontent" or
something.  You said you that you can still see the text in the
flashcontent div - how?  wmode=transparent?  It should be completely
replaced - it's my understanding that SWFObject overwrites the innerHTML
of whatever div you specify (flashcontent), this would completely erase
the initial contents of the div.  Are you getting any Javascript errors
on the page?  Can you isolate the problem by making a new test page like
this?:

<!--start flash header-->
		I should not see this

	<script type="text/javascript">
		// <![CDATA[

		var so = new
SWFObject("http://www.someurl.com/dir/flashheader.swf",
"header", "564", "150", "8", "#000000");
		so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
		 so.addVariable("hdrtext", "This is a FlashVar");
		so.write("flashcontent");

		// ]]>
	</script>

<!--end flash header-->

Also, I would recommend using a relative path to your SWF to prevent any
cross domain issues (i.e. /dir/flashheader.swf ).

Good luck!

Steve Kamerman
Director of IT
Tera Technologies