[SWFObject] Slow HTML page loading when SWFObject is on the page

David Roudebush david at tech-d.com
Sat Dec 9 18:05:32 PST 2006

Thanks, Steve,

That has the twin benefits that it forces the Flash loading to occur after
some of the HTML and it cleans up the code down in the body.

SWFObject's indirect loading does inject a noticeable delay in loading vs.
the stock Macromedia loading direct from the page, but I can live with that,
and I expect it will get sorted out over time.

-David