[SWFObject] SWF Object 1.5 and other javascript

Paul Lugo plugo at netshops.com
Fri Dec 15 07:58:10 PST 2006

Geoff,

I am just now getting back on task with this. It appears the
AC_OETags.js is detection for client browser type (Adobe), see below.
It's pretty lengthy otherwise I'd include it. Javascript still looks
like a lot of mumbo jumbo, but am slowly learning. What we have is an
intro Flash commercial that displays a letter followed by a one-time run
of the Flash content. When the user returns to the homepage, they get an
html version of the last frame of the Flash.  So anyways, it seems to
test fine using the updated 1.5 version in FF, IE6 and 7 PC and FF,
Safari on Mac.

<script src="js/AC_OETags.js" language="javascript"></script>

<!--

//
-----

// Globals

// Major version of Flash required

var requiredMajorVersion = 8;

// Minor version of Flash required

var requiredMinorVersion = 0;

// Minor version of Flash required

var requiredRevision = 0;

//
-----

// -->

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/swfobject.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="js/swfobject_js_gateway.js"></script>

Kudos to a great product.

> Is SWF Object 1.5 compatible with current versions of

> swfobject_js_gateway.js and AC_OETags.js ?

Paul Lugo

Sr. Web Designer, Site Usability and Design

NetShops, Inc.

12000 I Street, Suite 20-200

Omaha, NE 68137

Telephone: (402) 504-9820 ext.1323