[SWFObject] Linux flash 9

Andrew rectalogic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 11:34:55 PST 2006

> ah cool... the d is odd, i haven't seen that before. I also wasn't
> aware that the linux player didn't support express install, which
> means i'll have to make some changes to the code...

The linux player renders a message saying you need to upgrade and
giving a link for the user. So it doesn't support ExpressInstall in
the sense that it won't upgrade automatically, but it does present a
message to the user and allow them to manually upgrade.

So the effect is probably the same if SWFObject detects it's not
supported and the message in the DIV is displayed, or if it goes ahead
and lets the player try to express install and the player renders a
similar message.

Andrew