[SWFObject] Occasional Flash elements not showing in browser

Sander Kruger sander.kruger at wanadoo.nl
Thu Dec 21 14:38:41 PST 2006

  _____

From: swfobject-bounces at lists.deconcept.com
[mailto:swfobject-bounces at lists.deconcept.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Eighmey
Sent: donderdag 21 december 2006 15:50
To: swfobject at lists.deconcept.com
Subject: [SWFObject] Occasional Flash elements not showing in browser

I didn't think of describing this problem in these forums until recently
when I realized that this method of writing Flash could be the issue.

I use the swfobject to write just about all of my Flash files to a browser.
Let's say I have a Flash movie that has a picture of a car that was imported
into Flash as a .png, some text that was written in Flash and a few other
images imported into my movie that might be .jpgs, pngs, whatever...then I
convert all of these to movie clips, or graphics, or dynamic text fields;
just about anything. Every now and then when I first pull up my movie in a
browser (almost any browser, on a mac or pc) one or two of my Flash elements
are missing. If I have a car and a tree in my movie, sometimes the car is
missing. Most of the time everything is there, but sometimes the tree is
missing. It's like I never put it in the movie. The element always comes
back in when I refresh the browser though.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks.

Stephen Eighmey
Webmaster

Formetco
2963 Pleasant Hill Road