[SWFObject] Firefox!!

mowglie at libero.it mowglie at libero.it
Fri Dec 22 06:23:36 PST 2006

Thanks Aran.
Thanks your words I understood what happens.
Firefox don’t read the runtime shared components.
In my site I have 4 languages and a lot of flash files using the same symbols so I made a folder called “runtime” with all the shared symbols.
With IE is all ok.

I made a test wit Firefox
Two folders in the root: RUNTIME (with shared symbols) and TEST.

A test.swf (a yellow page with a runtime shared symbol) and a test.html normal page (without swfobject, just to test).

Well:
if the swf and the html are in the root all works: I can see the yellow background and the symbol (code in the symbol linkage: runtime/symbol.swf)

if the swf and the html are in the folder TEST I can see only the yellow background without the shared symbol. (code in the symbol linkage: ..\\runtime/symbol.swf)

Any idea how to resolve it? For IE all is ok, as it has to be. :)
Or I have to put the runtime shared folder in each folder language? But this don’t resolve the problem with the other nested folders. It means I have to put all my swf in the same directory and rewrite all the codes! Not bad this solution for more than 100 fla to rewrite and at least 6-10 shared symbols in any fla!!! Ehehehe Just thinking to commit suicide!

At least now I know I make nothing wrong with swfobject. :)

About the