[SWFObject] Can't get past line 20: setAttribute is not a function!

Wolfgang Borgon wborgon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 16:26:19 PDT 2006

Forgive me if this has come up before, but I was unable to find any related
messages in the archive.
I truly hope I'm not the only one with this problem.

I've followed the directions for installing SWFObject closely -- the
javascript src is loaded in the head and the div and object instantiation
script are located within a nested div in the body.

Both Firefox and IE report that setAttribute is not a function (for this
type of object).   What am I missing?