[SWFObject] Different flash player interfaces?

athornbury at adelphia.net athornbury at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 21 11:19:33 PDT 2006

Why is it when I go to video.nbc.com (which uses a customized version of SWFObject), all of the flash videos have a very compact interface (see below),

| Full Screen | Position Bar | Time Index | Back | Fwd | Pause | Volume    |

But when I use SWFObject for a video I have to use on a webpage, I get this huge cluncky interface (see below)?

| Position Bar                                                                            Time Index |
| Play/Pause | | Back | Fwd |                                        | Volume Bar            |

Is the interface dependant upon in which version the flash file was encoded?  Or are there some settings that you can invoke to promote this behaviour?  I looked through the source code of video.nbc.com as best I could and couldn't find anything that clearly said "this is causing the smaller interface to appear."

The point being: if there is a way to force the smaller interface, I would gladly have it as space is limited in the webpage where it is going.  I apolgize for the great ASCII art, but I am guessing the mail list doesn't take well to attachments/embedded pictures.  Any suggestions, questions?  Thanks!

Alex