[SWFObject] Problem with multiple Flash animations on the page

MJJAIXEN at up.com MJJAIXEN at up.com
Tue Jul 25 12:37:14 PDT 2006

We're trying to add a second Flash animation to a page, and having a
problem with the two apparantly colliding.  (Both are Flash banner ads that
redirect the user to another page)

Here's some sample code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
   var fo = new SWFObject('employment_omtp.swf', 'omtFlash', '297', '90',
'7');
   fo.write('swfcontent1');
</script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
   var fo = new SWFObject('hot_jobs.swf', 'hotJobsFlash', '88', '56', '7');
  fo.write('swfcontent2');
</script>

Both Flash movies launch right away, but when I click on either Flash, the
second Flash movie appears over the first Flash movie for a brief second
before the 2nd Flash can direct the user to another page.

Any thoughts as to what we're doing wrong?

Mike Jaixen
Union Pacific