[SWFObject] wmode transparent problem and more

Lawrence Nievaart newstreamdesign at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:52:10 PDT 2006

Hi All,

Thanks Geoff for the script, it's much easier than the Macromedia solutions.
However, I'm having a problem and hoping someone here might be able to help.

I have set my movie to:

so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

Now: In Firefox it only *kinda* works. For the main part, it is transparent,
but there are tinges of background colour around the movie clips inside my
.swf which shouldn't be there. (see the example1.jpg I have attached).

In IE-7, it doesn't even show my Flash but brings up the alternate content.
I have set the version number required as 8 but IE is prompting me if I want
to download Flash Player 9. Why is that?

Thanks for any help. I'm not a scripter except by necessity so go easy!
Cheers.