[SWFObject] centering flash content with SWFObject

Rick Lecoat signups at sharkattack.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 03:28:15 PDT 2006

Thanks for the quick response.

Weirdly, I discovered a way to make it work with tables (not the most
future-proof way to build the page, I know, but this page only has a
shelf life of a day or so, so it doesn't really matter in this case).

I was building the page in GoLive, and if I placed the SWFObject code
then placved the table (moving the code into the table cell afterward)
then it fell apart. But if I started with a clean sheet and place the
table *first*, then placed the SWFObject code into the cell, it worked.
Maybe it's something about GoLive's authoring environment (although most
of it was carried out in source mode) but the first way didn't work, the
second way did.

GoLive. GoFigure.
Thanks again, and next time I'll do it the proper CSS way (when I have
more time).

Cheers;

--
Rick Lecoat