[SWFObject] Making the whole Flash file a link

drew drew.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 21:00:18 PDT 2006

Thanks for the reply Aran. (And thanks Geoff for stemming the tide
that my query unfortunately triggered ... :-)

I would normally put the link in the Flash file, but the flash file in
this case is from our marketing company, and I want to be able to set
it to point to wherever I like just using a normal URL, rather than
having to get them to alter the Flash file each time.

I have tried wrapping the whole "flashcontent" div in an <a href=...>
tag, but that didn't work, probably because it's illegal in HTML (I
suspect)...

Another div floating above the "flashcontent" div, with the link
attached to that?? hmm, I'll try it.

Drew