[SWFObject] Resizing swfObjects without reloading

Hay, Owen owenhay at amazon.com
Mon Jun 5 20:22:15 PDT 2006

Hey all,

I've been trying to resize a swfObject like from a getURL javascript call inside my flash application like so:

function newHeight(h)
{
    so.setAttribute("height", h);
    so.write("flashContent");
}
//-->

		<strong>You need to upgrade your Flash Player</strong>
		This is replaced by the Flash content.
		Place your alternate content here and users without the Flash plugin or with
		Javascript turned off will see this. Content here allows you to leave out <code>noscript</code>
		tags. Include a link to <a href="swfobject.html?detectflash=false">bypass the detection</a> if you wish.

	<script type="text/javascript">
		// <![CDATA[

		var so = new SWFObject("myflash.swf", "myflash", "300", "300", "8", "#FF6600");
		so.write("flashcontent");

		// ]]>
	</script>

The problem is that I would like to be able to resize the object without having to reload the swf.  I looked at the .js source, and it doesn't look like any methods were designed for this purpose.  Does anyone know of an effective way of resizing the flash object without this reload?

Thanks

~O~
owenhay at amazon.com