[SWFObject] SWF Object and CSS drop menus

Brion Mills bmills at 101com.com
Tue Jun 20 12:40:49 PDT 2006

Hello Geoff,

Let me first start off by both thanking and congradulating you on your
success with swfObject.

I am contacting you regarding an issue that was brought up in your "Why
don't you use FlashObject?" post.

In the comments section, a user addressed the problems with Flash
transparency. I implemented your suggestion to place the fo.write after all
of the parameters. I did that and it worked partially.

I am using a CSS drop menu, with a touch of javascript. FF of course doesn't
cause any issues. However, IE6 doesn't agree with this at all. Upon rolling
over the menu, the flash movie still forces the menu items behind it. I have
tried a number of z-index solutions with no success.

If you have the time, could you please show me a contextual example of how
this should work?

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Brion

Brion K. Mills