[SWFObject] SWFObject is undefined

Aaron DelloIacono Thies aaron at addeliverysolutions.com
Tue Jun 20 15:07:38 PDT 2006

I use the Oasis ad server to serve Flash banners.
I am trying to use the SWFObject to display the Flash ads so that they won't
need to be activated before an ad click can occur.

It is working perfectly on the Firefox and Netscape browsers.
It is failing on MSIE.

Here is the test page:
http://www.adhostingsolutions.com/test/debugtest.html
When viewed in IE, there is the error:  "Error: 'SWFObject' is undefined"
and the Flash is not displayed.

The ad tag I'm using to call the ad server looks like this:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"
SRC="http://ads.adhostingsolutions.com/oasisi-j.php?s=161&w=160&h=600&t=_sel
f">
</SCRIPT>

The rich media code that is being returned by the ad server looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://images.adhostingsolutions.com/aaron/swfobject.js"></script>
  This text appears if Flash not served.
<script type="text/javascript">
   var so = new
SWFObject("http://images.adhostingsolutions.com/aaron/sizematters_160x600_CT
.swf?clickTAG=[OASISCLICK:http://www.sfmtb.com]", "ahs_vnew", "160", "600",
"6", "#FFFFFF");
   so.write("flashcontent");
</script>

Does anyone know why the SWFObject is not being defined in IE browsers when
served through an ad server?

If I could solve this problem, I could eliminate many headaches.....

thanks,

AJ