[SWFObject] start update doesn't do anything

David Braunger braundm at startribune.com
Thu Jun 29 17:29:32 PDT 2006

ok. THis is driving me nuts.
I have installed all of the files (expressinstall.as, swfobject.js,
html and swf) in a single folder.  If I play the html file from my
desktop it works fine (checks flash version, offers update).  If I load
the folder onto a server it will correctly do the browser detection but
when I try to click on the "start update" button, nothing happens.  It
tries to get to Adobe but doesn't seem to be able to.  The "update to
flash 9" window never pops up.

help!

http://24hour.startribune.com/static/slideshows/expressinstall/
expressinstall1_4_2.html
http://24hour.startribune.com/static/slideshows/expressinstall/
expressinstall.as  etc

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated