[SWFObject] Express Install Issues - xiRedirectUrl & IE

Azimuth New Media chris at azimuthnewmedia.com
Thu Jun 1 07:38:33 PDT 2006

I.E. issues redirect....on PC.

I have mentioned it before, but I was having issues with redirect with express install not taking me back to the Flash page - it turned out to be MS's firewall blocking completion of the procedure - unfortunately MS's firewall doesn't tell you - so it had be stumped for a while - obviously this raises concerns for those using this device - it will kick in quietly if the user has 'do not allow exceptions' ticked.

I have put on my installations 'You May Need to Disable Your Firewall to Complete the Installation'.

Of course this could have been unique to me, and I haven't done any further testing...and I haven't had any other reports, thus far....but just wanted to relay my experience...

Chris

Azimuthnewmedia