[SWFObject] coding issue with swfobject newbie

colin @ spikemedia colin.murdoch at spikemultimedia.co.uk
Fri Jun 2 00:55:42 PDT 2006

Craig,

Both divs have the same id ("flashcontent"). This isn't allowed. Try giving
the divs different ids (make sure you remember to update the
so.write("flashcontent"); lines to reflect the new ids too),

Why is the other div there and empty – code should be amended as follows:

                        <strong>You need to upgrade your Flash
Player</strong>

                        This is replaced by the Flash content.

                        Place your alternate content here and users without
the Flash plugin or with

                        Javascript turned off will see this. Content here
allows you to leave out <code>noscript</code>

                        tags. Include a link to <a
href="http:/dc.bayrocket.com/at.html">bypass the detection</a> if you wish.

            <script type="text/javascript">

                        // <![CDATA[

                        var so = new SWFObject("DCmain.swf", "dcmain",
"802", "508", "8", "#990000", true);

                        so.addParam("scale", "noscale");

                        so.write("flashcontent");

                        // ]]>