[SWFObject] IE loading f8 content only on initial cache.

César Villaça cesar at empiresolutions.net
Mon Jun 12 14:31:48 PDT 2006

I have found that this issue has to do with IE Temp Internet Files. If I
have it set to “Automatically” check for newer versions it doesn’t and
breaks. If I have it set to “Every visit to the page” then it works fine.
This a real problem for me because I cant control users IE settings. Now
what I have tried to do is call a swf like *file_name.swf?<?php echo
rand(0,99); ?>* to be sure a new on is cached. This did not work, so I
applied the same technique to all the swf’s (sometimes over 25 per page).
Now it works a little. About the first 30% of swf’s come in fine, and the
rest are “not visible” meaning they are showing in the source code.. but not
on the page. Very odd I know. I would prefer to not use the fore-mentioned
technique since I think it is a ghetto solution.

I have also tried to add *<?php header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache,
must-revalidate"); ?>* to my page but it seems this is not working either.
Once again the previous website posted has the problem and you can see it by
choosing a category from the left navigation. Thank for the help.