[SWFObject] Trouble opening new browser windows

skala manda skalamanda at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 06:40:03 PDT 2006

Hi Andrew,

Try http://www................/mph06.htm instead of just mph06.htm.

( I may be way of base, but it's worth a try, I seem to remember relative as opposed to absolute url's causing trouble in the past )

success,

- Richard

Andrew Warwick <a at warwicka.co.uk> wrote:                        The JavaScript I used pre SWFObject doesn’t seem to work now:

  I’ve got this in the head:

  <script language="JavaScript">
  function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) {
  newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures); }
  </script>

  And this on the button:

  on (release) {
  getURL("javascript:openNewWindow('mph06.htm','MPH06','height=425,width=567,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no')");
  }

  And that used to work for me, but doesn’t do a thing now L

  am I just bein stupid?

  Andrew