[SWFObject] Code Not working on Some PC's despite java being enabled

DTX drew at dtxdesign.com
Wed May 10 16:03:33 PDT 2006

Hi,

 I have a report from several clients that the fix I applied for them is not
working, they still see the ugly grey box outlining the flash file, and they
still get the "Click to activate" notice..

When I view themn on my computers they are fine, I have also viewed them
from their PC's and they are quite correct, their browser seems to be
ignoring not only swfobject code replacement, but also that too of Adobe.

I have tried checking their systems for Java and they have it installed and
they can quite readily see virtual tour items that use java so I know it's
installed, can anyone shed any light on this please? as it is looking like
the work I have carried out applying the fix isn't working (to a few of my
clients anyway) This is not just my fixes but other sites too that I know to
be working correctly.

It has to be noted this is a bit of a blip, as 99% of my clients see the
same sites with no problem at all.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Drew