[SWFObject] Express Install problem

andrew at beammicrosystems.com andrew at beammicrosystems.com
Sun May 28 06:53:03 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am seeing a problem with Express Install where I don't get redirected
back to the original page.

My test setup is:

Mac OS X 10.4.6
Safari 2.0.3

Initially installed versions of Flash tested are 6.0.67 (labelled as
6.0.65 but reported as .67) and 7.0.19
I am using the 'proper' Flash uninstaller to revert to earlier versions.

Using Geoff's Express Install example:

http://www.blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/expressinstall.html

I get the small panel saying "Installing upgrade package"
Then the full blown Flash 8 installer opens and tells me I have to close
all browsers before continuing.
There is no way around this that I've found so I dutifully close Safari
and continue the installation.
Once complete, the following web page opens:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/

which tells me I have Flash version 8.0.24 installed, however there is no
redirection back to the original web site.

Am I misunderstanding what should happen or doing something wrong?

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,

Andrew