[SWFObject] Safari: plugin.SetWindow error

Josh Santangelo joshs at endquote.com
Mon May 29 10:08:44 PDT 2006

In Safari 2.0.2 with SWFObject 1.4, I'm using the following code:

var so = new SWFObject(
	'/include/SWFLayout.swf', 'SWFLayout',
	800,
	1100,
	'7', '#BCD34F', false,
	'high', '', '/noflash.tpl'
);
so.write(flashNode);

The flashNode variable is a reference to a div.

This causes the following to be written to the console (Debug > Show
JavaScript Console):

TypeError - Value undefined (result of expression plugin.Setwindow) is
not an object.

This seems to be the case regardless of doctype. On pages where
SWFObject is called once, the SWF displays and loads fine despite the
error. However if I use it twice to target different divs, the error
appears twice and neither of them show up.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

-josh