[SWFObject] suggestedFeature

DL dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Thu May 4 13:48:13 PDT 2006

On 4 May 2006 at 16:05, Steve Norris wrote:

> BTW, DL, should:
>
> var so = new SWFObject(src, movie_id, w, h, v, bgcolor)
> be
> var so = new SWFObject(div_id, src, movie_id, w, h, v,
> bgcolor)?

No .. because each unique div_id has to be passed into the last line in the function ..
thus ..

 so.write(div_id);

In an earlier thread it was emphasised that each div container written by SWFObject
must have a unique id.

e.g. I have SWFObjects as skin components in the multiple div id's ..

top_swf
left_swf
centre_swf, centre_html, centre_svg
right_swf
bottom_swf

and in centre div .. I can switch between showing an HTMLobject, SVGobject and
SWFObject by targetting div classes.

This CSS test site I found to be useful in understanding div management .... javascript
functions in addition to SWFObject.js

http://www.aglasshalffull.org/css-resources/stylechangeswithw3cdom.html

DL