[SWFObject] suggestedFeature

DL dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Fri May 5 02:58:04 PDT 2006

On 4 May 2006 at 18:27, Steve Norris wrote:

> If I were disigning my own web page, I would use your
> solution.
>
> However, a small part of what our product does is READ
> existing web pages.  It has to change the wmode of that
> web page's existing embedded Flash content in order to do
> it's magic.  You could use our product on your web pages.
>  Bob, in London could use our product on his web pages.
>  We have NO idea ahead of time, how the flash on the web
> page is embedded.  We don't have control over it, we just
> have to be able to deal with it.
>
> In the old world, I would just parse your web page's .html
> and stick a wmode = "transparent" tag in the right spot
> and write out a new .html file.

____________________________________

So you need to reconfigure existing web pages which might be using
diverse Flash embedding techniques? That is a design constraint I had not
appreciated!

In theory .. if your product is PHP server based .. PHP + cURL should be able to help
you in parsing an existing web site, and then reconfigure the embed parameters
using SWFObject as a standard which is substituted during the parsing/rewriting of a
new HTML page..

Or have I missed another design constraint such as needing to run in desktop mode
only?

DL