[SWFObject] Streaming video not buffering

Mike Palmer lists at stroke7.com
Mon May 8 18:59:49 PDT 2006

G'day,

I'm not sure if this question has been answered before here and I don't
know where I can search the list, so here goes:

I'm using SWFObject to load a Flash video player which in turn loads an
FLV. The video player has a buffering function which only seems to work
on Firefox 1.5 (PC). On IE 6, the video loads, but it doesn't buffer at
all. In fact, the control bar that is supposed to appear when you
rollover the movie also doesn't work in IE 6. As for Safari, my friend
says the control bar doesn't appear either, I have no idea if it's
buffering.

Link: http://art.tddc.org/videos/watch/yeah

Anyway, has anyone encountered this issue before? If so, how did you
deal with it?

Cheers,

Mike Palmer