[SWFObject] Flash detection problem

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Tue May 9 19:17:19 PDT 2006

almost every time this issue comes up, a proper uninstall and
reinstall of the player will fix it.

often it's related to various plugin switchers, but sometimes IE
manages to get a 'bad' install of the Flash Player. my guess is that
the registry entries are missing so the activex object creation fails.