[SWFObject] Flash 9 Player in IE

Jeff Fox jfox015 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 08:05:16 PST 2006

I found a post in this mialing list regarding content not appearing using
SWFObject and Flash Player 9 in IE. I have come across this same issue on a
new freelance site I built. I traced the value of the SWFObject "Installed
Version" variable, and it returns 0 with FP 9.0.16 in IE 6.0.2900 and 9 in
FireFox/Opera. Has anyone else had this issue and either come up with a
patch or workaround? I'd think this is a pretty signifigant issue as anyone
downloading Flash now is getting player 9 and IE is still the most used
browser.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Fox