[SWFObject] complete newb question...

Lisa Konrad lisa at arthouse.org
Sat Nov 25 08:38:40 PST 2006

I am sure this is something really silly I have done.. but I have
gone through the whole thing time and again and think I am now blind
to the error!!!

I recently read about swfobject when I was researching a better way
to display flash on my website and then got the dreamweaver extension
and read as much as I could about it.

I made my page and everything worked fine in the latest versions of
Safari and Netscape on my mac, and even in IE 5.5 on my mac. Not so
good in opera as for some reason it seems not to support
transparency. Then I uploaded to my website to recheck and to see
them on a pc. And nothing.. no warnings to get flash .. nothing. I
then checked on my mac the uploaded pages and also nothing but
working fine in test on the actual machine.  I have checked that the
swfobject.js is uploaded  and tried it with both the full address and
short address (cos i thought that was the obvious answer) but ..
nothing. I am obviously doing something really stupid and simple
wrong...

I am currently updating the whole of my site and would love to use
swfobject throughout, am not familiar with js or any programming
language really, I am a cut and paste and change where it looks
obvious type person, so any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

lisa

Lisa Konrad
http://www.arthouse.org