[SWFObject] Flash causing IE7 to crash

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Thu Nov 2 14:13:09 PST 2006

well, considering that this is the 2nd e-mail to the list about this,
lets do some investigations and see if we can narrow down the culprit.

Here's some questions that Adobe would ask if we reported this to them:

1) What version of the Flash player do you have installed, and if you
install a different version does it still crash?

2) Does it crash consistently? (can you recreate the crash whenever
you want, or is it random?)

3) Does it only crash on a specific page, or every page with Flash
content?

4) Does it crash if the Flash content is embedded with 'normal' object
+embed tags, or only when using Javascript like SWFObject or UFO?
(you can use my test pages or other Flash sites to see of those crash
the browser as well).

Once we have some answers to these questions it will be much easier
to find the specific cause of the crash, and if it is a bug we can
try to get it fixed.

(All this stuff goes for the other IE7 mail sent earlier today/
yesterday too)