[SWFObject] Need a way to remove SWFObject from memory.

Troy Beseman tcbeseman at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 10:41:53 PST 2006

Actually I had the same issue but I was using an external interface and streaming content.  The issue wasn't with the SWFObject, just an issue with IE in general.  I basically added the following code to shut the site caching off.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

Unfortunately this doesn't work with IE5.  There are other methods for shutting off the caching to the site.  Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222064 for the resolution of the no-caching issue.

I hope this helps.

Troy

From: geoff at deconcept.comDate: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:24:15 -0500To: swfobject at lists.deconcept.comSubject: Re: [SWFObject] Need a way to remove SWFObject from memory.normally there is no problem... all the swfs are generally cleaned up when you leave a page... the only time one would remain, is if you are using external interface and also using a streaming flash server to show content. and if you are doing that, you'll be happy to hear that swfobject already has code to fix the IE bug that causes the swf to stay in memory, so you should be fine.

or do you have a specific error you are trying to fix?