[SWFObject] Setting codebase attribute

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Thu Nov 16 11:00:23 PST 2006

It's not there because the plugin code would never be written to the
page unless they already had the required plugin version.

If they have flash, they see the flash, if they don't have flash,
they see your alternate content.

My advice would be to put a link in your alternate content that links
them to a special 'upgrade' page similar to adobe's upgrade page that
gives instructions on how to install the plugin (and all the dialogs
they have to click to accept it and all that). Of course you could
also just link to the adobe site since they already have all that
info up there..