[SWFObject] swfObject script within target div?

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Fri Nov 17 13:42:18 PST 2006

it may work in some browsers, but it's not a very good idea...

swfobject replaces the content in the target div, so in a sense, it
would be replacing the script call that inserts itself.. so maybe if
you had some code after the .write() call, that might not be executed.

not to mention strange results if the page is loading slow - you
would basically be trying to replace the html content of the div
before the div is loaded, which is bad.