[SWFObject] FlashObject Undefined

Brian Lee brian.lee at kaboose.com
Tue Oct 3 12:28:52 PDT 2006

Hello,

I've been struggling with this problem for a while now and can't seem to
figure out whats wrong I'm using the swfobject but on random ocassions I'll
get this error "Line [number]... Error FlashObject is undfined" I'll be
asked to debug if I click no the same error on a different line will come
up... Has anyone else experience this problem? The page has a lot of flash
object on it at minimum 3-5.

The FlashObject is referenced externally here is a sample of from my page
this line is in between the <head></head> tags

<script language="javascript"
src="http://fundev.kaboose.com/FlashObject.js"></script>

Sample call...

<script type="text/javascript">
    // <![CDATA[
    var so = new FlashObject("http://fundev.kaboose.com/subnav.swf",
"subNav", "810", "108", "6", "#B4D453");
    so.addVariable("subNavXML",
"http://fundev.kaboose.com/funBlasterSubNav.xml");
    so.addVariable("currentSelection", "3");
    so.setAttribute('xiRedirectUrl',
'http://fundev.kaboose.com/fun-blaster/halloween/index.html');
    so.addParam("wmode", "opaque");
    so.write("subNavFlash");