[SWFObject] Calling AS Functions from JavaScript using SWF Object

Luke DeWitt luke.dewitt at penguinfire.com
Wed Oct 11 10:24:35 PDT 2006

Hey All,

I was wondering if anybody had a resource where I could find info on calling AS functions from JavaScript when using SWF Object.

Right now I have the plain old Flash code and this JavaScript function:

function reinitialize() {

if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1) {

flash = window.menubar;

}

else {

flash = window.document.menubar;

}

flash.runCollapseMenu();

}

Inside my AS file I have an ExternalInterface Callback set up to respond to runCollapseMenu...

Obviously, now I do not have the same set up with SWF Object, so how would I go about re-writing this JS in order to work properly for me?

Thanks,

--LD