[SWFObject] SWFObject not working locally

josephlevin at comcast.net josephlevin at comcast.net
Sat Oct 28 07:39:35 PDT 2006

Hello all!

Thanks in advance for even reading this message!

I have successfully installed swfobject 1.4.4 and it works beautifully,
but only remotely (i.e., on my webhost) via use of any browser on my
system.

Locally, however, it will not work with any browser.

Javascript is turned on, and other scripting works fine locally.

Lastly, on the day I installed swfobject, it *did* work locally, but
coming back to it a day or so later, it did not work.

In the interim time I had installed FF2 & NS 8.12.

I run WinXP SP2, use IE6, IE7, FF2, FF1.5.0.7, OP9.02, NS 6, 6.2, 8, &
8.12.

Haven't tested on a Mac yet.

-Joe

PS: FYI, my PC stats (that I give to anyone I ask technical support type
questions.ignore it if you feel it doesn't matter):

Stats of my eMachines T3025 / Custom computer (Running Windows XP Home
w/Service Pack 2):

1. AMD ATHLON XP3000+ CPU on FIC AU31 nForce2 motherboard with 650W
Chiefmax SATA ready autoswitching power supply

2. 2GB PC3200 RAM in 2x1024MB sticks (MOBO only supports up to PC2700
Ram, but the RAM steps down to accommodate)

3. BFG brand Nvidia Geforce FX 5900XT Overclocked AGP 8x video card with
128MB RAM, dual outputs (analog and digital or 2xanalog with adaptor)

4. 2x160GB 7200 RPM Western Digital hard drives

5. 1x250GB 7200 RPM Western Digital hard drive (Total internal storage
570GB)

6. External 56K v.92 Fax/Modem (Zoom brand) connected to COM3

7. Sony DRU-810A 16x MAX IDE/Atapi DVDRW-DL

8. eMachines Multimedia reader combo (Reads
SD/MMC/SM/MS/MS-Pro/CF/Microdrive)

9. 4 USB 2.0 ports in back, 1 in front (5 total)

10. 1 Serial, 1 printer port

11. Onboard 64MB Geforce MX440 Video (disabled)

12. Onboard Soundblaster compatible sound (no gameport) (disabled)

13. 3 Port Firewire/i.Link/1394 PCI card

14. Creative SB 5.1 sound card with gameport

15. 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive

16. Vantec Hard drive enclosure (aluminum) / cooler with 2x25mm fans, HD
Temp & Internal Case Temp LED Readout in dF/dC

17. Vantec Nexus 4 port fan controller with blue LEDs around flow
control knobs

18. Connected to Logitech QuickCAM 4000

19. Connected to Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G setup with
WPA-PSK for security

20. Connected to MusicStar Midi Keyboard via gameport / Y

21. Connected to Logitech Wingmaster joystick via gameport / Y

22. Connected to Logitech MX-1000 USB Laser mouse, optical

23. Connected to eMachines multimedia windows keyboard

24. Connected to Creative Acoustics amplified 2.1 speakers with
subwoofer

25. Connected to Nostromo N52 human interface device (for gaming)

26. Connected to Linksys BEFSR41 v3 Etherfast 10/100mbps Cable/DSL
Router updated to firmware 1.05.00

27. Connected to Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL DOCSIS compatible Modem

28. Connected to LinXcel 4-port KVM switch with 4 combo KVM cables

29. Connected to Samsung Syncmaster 213T LCD Monitor (analog and digital
inputs) set to 1600x1200x16.7M

30. Connected to Sony Digital Camcorder via Firewire / DV port

31. Connected to 2x120mm blue LED case fans on side panel (1 I & 1 O).
1x80mm case fan on rear (O), 1x80mm case fan bottom of case (I)

32. Connected to GE Powered/Passive 4-port USB 2.0 micro hub

33. Connected to Fantom USB 2.0 external 250GB Hard Drive

34. Connected to Fantom USB 2.0 external 320GB Hard Drive

Program:   eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.52

BIOS Date: 08/08/03

BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG

BIOS ID:   08/08/2003-nForce2-IGP-6A61BF0BC

OEM Sign-On: Version TCB418G

Chipset:   Unknown

Superio:   ITE 8712F rev 5 found at port 2Eh

OS:        WinXP SP2

CPU:       AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2167 Mhz MAX: 2800 Mhz

BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes

BIOS ROM Size:      256K

Memory Installed:   2048 MB

Memory Maximum:     2048 MB

Memory Slot 01:     1024 MB

Memory Slot 02:     1024 MB

-Joseph S. Levin
 Portal Web Services
 2 Watergate Drive
 High Bridge, NJ 08829
 908.638.6954 v
 908.578.0363 c
 e-mail: jlevin at portal2web.biz
 web: http://portal2web.biz
 "Your Doorway to the Web."

proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product
doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this
message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof.

Every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure that any attachment
to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, no liability can be
accepted for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and
would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any
attachment.