[SWFObject] Using 'redirectUrl' to point non-Flash 8 users to a Flash 6 alternative?

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed Oct 4 10:50:14 PDT 2006

you wouldn't have to use the redirecturl option..

you can use some code to get the flash version the user has, and then
just insert the correct swf into the page...

something like

if (flash 8) {
swf = "flash8.swf";
} else {
swf = "flash6.swf";
}

new swfobject(swf, "myswf", ...

just pseudo code, but i'm sure you get the idea...

to see how to detect the flash player version, look at
flashversion.html in the swfobject zip file.