[SWFObject] SWFAddress and Flex 2

Rostislav Hristov rostislav.hristov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:31:02 PDT 2006

Hi Nathan,

> I tested it in Firefox 1.5.0.7 and it works but it fails in Opera
> 9.02 and Safari 2.0.4 all on Mac OSX 10.4.7.

Thanks for the try. The script is about to be released under MIT
license in the next few days. Currently you can browse the included js
file. Support for Safari is probably possible and I'll need to find a
way to test it somehow. I have some success with Opera 9, but it still
behaves strange.

> I was working a little while back with some script that I picked up
> at http://www.unfocus.com/forums/viewforum.php?
> f=1&sid=e2fc05ea48d42f0495278d20c1f4a025 but it was rather buggy and
> it's not something that is kept updated.

Every library of this type has issues.

> So, right now I'd be really keen to see how you got this working with
> SWFobject because this would certainly be the cleanest way for this
> to work.

There's no additional JS code, you just need to include the file.
There're about 10 lines of AS and the rest that you may need to
implement depends on the complexity of the website.